Monday, October 3, 2011

Cowgirls and Nail Polish

Cousin Clara turned four this month, and celebrated cowgirl style, a girl after her mom's heart.  Her party was at a little ranch in the east bay, and our little city kids had a blast learning about farm animals, collecting chicken eggs and playing in a huge teepee with Clara.  


The girls had the chance to play with Uncle Kyle, who was a huge help that day (and the night before when he babysat for me and Matt!).


They paid him with kisses;


attempted to look cute, even while getting dirty;


they held chickens;


pet bunnies;


and made some very interesting (gross!) wool bracelets;


But, the highlight of Clara's little farm party was, hands down. getting ready to,



and then...riding a pony!!!





What else could these four girls ask for?   Well, more rides ("Why did Clara get to go around four times?"  Thanks Megan.  Gratitude is a work in progress.)

After the dust settled, literally, our little cowgirls needed a bubble bath back at the ranch, er, house.  And, because I'm a mom of five girls, I realize I have a responsibility to do "girly" things with them.  As un-"girly" as I am, I want to make sure this is an equal opportunity household; while I almost never paint my own nails, I painted all of the girls toenails that night.  It was a first for the twins, and they are still strutting around barefoot whenever they get the chance, and proclaiming, "Nail polish!"


Cute feet, right?  Even cuter girls that go with them!




This is how most attempts at a group picture end.



No comments: