Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Art From the Heart

I just love the amount of artwork that Megan generates in kindergarten. (I don't love the quandary of what to do with it.  My grand scheme involves making a coffee table book for each girl's work, but we'll see if that happens.)  I also kind of wonder if her style is influenced by the way other kids draw things.  For example, does she draw faces the way she does because her best little girlfriend draws them that way? 

As it happens, I should also be just as curious about the subjects of these pieces of art.Take this little gem she brought home today:


You might be wondering a few things.  First, who is the mother figure with the brown hair?  Oh, wait, that's me.  I still can't get used to the fact that my hair is brown.  Believe it or not, my hair used to be as blond as the girls'. Every time Megan and Bridget draw our family, I am the only brunette. Sigh.

But, the more important observation is: Who is that smaller brunette figure?  I see a mommy, a daddy, five little blond girls (including one in a diaper - too cute!), so who is this mysterious interloper? Megan was quick to solve this mystery. "Oh, that's Brendan.  He asked me if I could draw him in our family, so I did."  I guess we should just get used to accepting sons-in-law in the family now.

1 comment:

Sara said...

The son-in-law that Matt has been waiting for!! Too cute!