Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Tessa and Annie are officially world travellers now. They flew for the first time today, down to Orange County to spend five days with Mop and Pop. Mary and I accompanied these girls for the journey south, and we were quite the sight I'm sure.




In my (albeit twisted) mind, this outing was just slightly more adventurous than a trip to Target with these three little ones. I wasn't worried about the logistics of this trip. As it turned out, we have three good flyers. Of course, Tessa and Annie will probably always assume that, no matter the airline, Max and Ruby will be airing twice in a row at the exact time they depart. Let me tell you, this was beyond fortuitous, despite the fact that these episodes were watched with no volume since I didn't spring for headsets for them. Have I mentioned how easy to please they are?

We began our airport adventure watching (other) planes fly away.





And once we made it to our plane, these two announced to all of our fellow passengers, "We're going to Mop's house!! We're flying in the sky!!". Mary was less impressed, but she was awake for the entire flight, which I hadn't counted on. I also didn't count on a bottle of water being poured in my lap. Thank you, Tessa. I think I planned for every other contingency -- changes of toddler pants, more Dora undies, extra outfits for Mary -- but didn't bring extra pants for me. So, it did appear that I was the one to wet my pants on the flight. Nice.








Annie was not the least bit cramped in her window seat. Tough life.





After a fun lunch with Mop once we arrived (during which both twins repeatedly asked if they could just go to Mop's house already), it was finally time to say goodbye. I've never seen such half-hearted waves as I saw from Mop's car all loaded up with my girls. I guess undivided attention (and Disneyland!) beats out their "normal" days at home. I hope they miss us a little!





I sit here at the airport ready to make the return trip home. I've shedded a duffle bag, a double stroller, and, oh yeah, two toddlers. Mary and I are enjoying some peace.




I think I'm as giddy as the twins for this change of pace. (Okay, they're slightly more giddy, but c'mon, they're going to Disneyland, and I'm still going home to three kids!) I'll take these next few days to soak up some one-on-one time Mary, and miss my munchkins a little!

- posted from my handy-dandy iPhone, with Blogpress

No comments: