Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Good Help is Hard to Find

In this house, we take all the help we can. Often, it's from a willing and eager two-year-old, who is always nearby (unless she's not, and then I'm really worried, since she's probably doing something very unhelpful!).

When it comes to helping Mary, they jump at the chance. Like today, when Tessa informed me that Mary had spit up on herself in her bouncer in the kitchen. I was in the middle of washing breakfast dishes, so I tossed Tessa a towel, and she went right to work gently wiping her sister's chin.

This kind of help is free, so I'm not complaining. But, it would be nice to not have to scold that same help for being too helpful. "Don't sit on the baby!!" is what I found myself yelling not one minute later. These helpers try very hard, though, and only want baby kisses in payment. Those kisses are gentle, most of the time...


Poor Mary!

But, look -- she's still smiling!


And she has a little lamb :)

These little helpers are slightly more qualified:







and Bridget has come a long way since her own 2-year-old antics while helping Mommy :)
- posted from my handy-dandy iPhone, with Blogpress

No comments: