Monday, October 19, 2009

Putting the "P" in Pumpkin Patch Party

Pee-er #1

Pee-er #2
First off: I have a huge confession to make. I'm an occasional litterer. But, only in emergencies. Or, perceived emergencies. Either way, if you're offended by littering, I don't blame you, and you should probably not read this post. And, if it makes you feel better, I learned my lesson, and am not likely to litter again.


On Saturday, I decided to make the trek to Wheatland, solo, with all four girls to go to my friend Crystal's daughter's 4th birthday party. Lorelai's had her party there for three years straight at a huge pumpkin patch. The drive is over two hours for us, but it's so much fun, and usually we only see each other on the kids' birthdays. So, I set out on time, leaving the house by 7:45am to get there by 10am. Matt had a football game that morning, so he helped me get the girls ready before we left. Everything went smoothly, and we got all the way to Sacramento before the first, "Peepee's coming, Mommy." This is from Megan -- I am not optimistic enough to put Bridget in anything but a diaper for this drive, although she's continued to do really well.


So, we pull off the freeway and pull into a high school parking lot, where I set up out little potty and let Megan pee. All goes well, until I look around the parking lot for a place to dump my little bag of pee. No garbage can in sight. So, what do I do? I open my car door and deposit it right there on the ground in the middle of the parking lot. In my head, I'm thinking, "Why did I just do that? Something bad is going to happen today to repay me for this. This is just asking for bad karma."

We go about our day, arriving at the pumkin patch, where I got tons of help with the babies, and all of the kids had a blast!


They rode a little train, watched pig races, played on really cool slide structures/treehouses, smashed chocolate cupcakes into their faces and "helped" Lorelai open her presents.


When the fun was over, I had the dreaded task of packing the girls up and heading back to the car. Of course, this was well after naps should have begun, so we had a lot of crankiness, especially from Megan since she didn't have a seat in the stroller. I was pushing the twins in the stroller and Bridget was riding in the Ergo on my back. I gave in and put Megan on the handlebars of the stroller so she had a ride, and then just kept my head down and didn't make eye contact with any of the stares as I left. I just wanted to hit the road and have the girls all asleep in the car!! We almost made it out of there without incident, until...


Remember that bad karma I had coming my way? Well, I got to the car, took Bridget off my back, and realized that she had peed all over me, herself and the Ergo carrier.


What more can I say? I will not litter again. Well played, Karma.

2 comments:

Moriah said...

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I am so, so sorry! I SHOULD NOT be laughing. Really. But, I can't help it! Which, (Thanks a lot) will probably give me bad karma too

sammyeug said...

Shawna-

So sorry this happened but it sure makes for a funny story. Well told too!!! Hope you are doing well, darling pictures of your kids. We think of you guys often. Sorry our time with you was so short last month!

Love,
Marne