Monday, October 12, 2009

Free Lunch (and Breakfast and Dinner)

It turns out there is such a thing as a free lunch, but only if you're really into baby food.

Oh, and you need to be a multiple, too.

So, a few weeks ago, I sent a letter out to a few companies that make baby products (like Gerber, etc.), along with information on the twins, in the hopes of participating in their multiples programs. And, when I say participating, I mean getting stuff for free. I don't know why I waited so long to take advantage of this, because I definitely like free stuff. Well, I kind of know what took me so long - something about having four little monkeys hanging on me all.day.long.every.day.

Anyway, less than a week after sending out all of my letters, I started receiving all of the freebies. Everything from bibs, onesies and butt paste to coupons for free formula and free baby food. Woohoo!! I wasted no time taking advantage of the free baby food coupons this weekend when I went grocery shopping (by myself this time, at about 10pm on Saturday night, where the only other people in there were SF State students buying alcohol. I had the peace and quiet I needed to take full advantage of all of my coupons). I'm happy to report that I walked out with over $35 in free baby food!!!

Yes, that was pretty much the highlight of my week. That, and organizing it all in the pantry when I got home. I'm a total nerd.

2 comments:

The Press Family said...

Wow!! So, pray tell, what did these letters say?? I want free stuff, too!

Rachel said...

That is awesome!!