Thursday, November 10, 2011

Trick-or-Treat 2011

Our Alice in Wonderland ensemble hit the streets of Westlake Halloween night, and we had a lot of fun!  Matt made a pretty impulsive decision to make some alterations to his cowboy hat and transorm into the Mad Hatter.  The girls loved it.  Of course, right before we left, while I was busy doing some girly hair (this process is not to be underestimated. Anyone with boys -- well, I guess you have your own challenges, but I'm sure you don't have this one!), he suggested that I find something "stripey" to wear and maybe we could make a cat headband for me. I guess I'm the Halloween party pooper because we did not have a Cheshire Cat in our crew!

We did have some cute trick-or-treaters, though!  We brought our wagon along for the twins, who hit one house for every three that Megan sprinted to.  Bridget wasn't far behind, and they took turns with the doorbells.  Megan, especially, had so much fun, and her enthusiam was contagious!  For the first time in recent history, I was really into Halloween, and wanted to stay out longer than we did.  It was just so much fun to watch Megan confidently run from house to house, all by herself, and help her sisters when they were hesitant.  It was especially fun, and a little less stressful, to be trick-or-treating in our own neighborhood, which was surprisingly busy and full of kids.


Thanks to these cuties, we're stocked up on chocolate for a while, and they've (almost) forgotten about it!  Now, we're dreaming up costumes for next year.  A basketball team (since everyone says that we have one now)?  I'm open to suggestions :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You guys look great!!