Thursday, April 30, 2009

Out and About - It Is Possible!

I'm proud to say that we have actually had a busy couple of weeks, getting out of the house almost every day! I definitely didn't foresee being able to schlep all four girls around so early, but it's not as hard as I imagined.


It's made easier with two of my dearest companions - Sara, and my Fisher-Price portable potty, in no particular order :) And no, the potty is not for me.

Let me just say that the best-laid plans are derailed pretty quickly with an urgent "Pee-pee's coming, Mommy!!" I guess I could let Megan pee anywhere she wants, a la Joey. Instead, my options are limited and I have to act fast. I can either herd all four girls to the nearest questionable bathroom (and ignore that voice in my head that reminds me of that Oprah I just saw about bacteria and that flesh-eating disease) and, hope that this bathroom accomodates my limo of a stroller. Or I can just whip out our trusty little potty. It's a lifesaver! As is Sara, of course - an extra set of eyes, ears and arms to help me keep track of the girls when out in public.


So, recently, we managed to spend mornings at Parkside Playground, the zoo, the "inside park," and even storytime at the library yesterday. It's definitely exhausting, but so worth it to get the girls tuckered out enough to take 3 hour naps ;)

Here are Megan and Joey enjoying 80 degree weather last week:




And, the girls posing by the flamingos at the zoo:





Oh yeah, and just to prove I didn't leave these two in the car:

Little trouble makers!

1 comment:

sammyeug said...

Wow I sure am impressed! Your kids are darling. I don't think I got out anywhere near that much when Sam was that young and there is only one of him :)