Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Family Pictures

Matt and I agreed to not purchase anything crazily expensive for each other this Christmas, but we also agreed to splurge a bit on professional pictures of our family of seven.  It's very rare that we get a shot of all of us together, so these pictures are treasures for us!  We signed up for a "mini-session" with a budding photographer, Lorraine Murphy.  She lives in our neighborhood and did a fabulous job on Mary's newborn photos.  She's also got such a thick Scottish brogue that the girls thought she just might be Merida from Brave.  She was as apprehensive as we were about how we would wrangle smiles from five little girls in such a "mini" amount of time, but to all of our surprise, it worked!


We met Lorraine at Stow Lake in Golden Gate Park, and it was a beautiful setting!  I'm ashamed to admit that I'd never been there before.  But, it's now on our to-do list to head back there and rent paddle boats with the girls...on a warmer day.  It was absolutely frigid for these pictures, which explains some bluish skin, especially from Bridget.  And that cold weather made the smiles that much more miraculous!  We were set up on a pretty main walking path, so we had to pause a few times for people to pass by.  But, a lot of people ended up stopping to count all of the little girls :)


Mary surprised us by being quite the ham!  I really thought she would be a troublemaker!


Bridget was, surprise surprise, Little Miss Model.  And, Megan was as cute as ever.  

This is the picture we used for some of our Christmas cards.  (We used a Halloween picture for some that we had printed before this photo session.)  I love that everyone is looking at the camera!!  




Annie was full of normal smiles, but Tessa (right) kept doing her goofy "cheese" smile.  When we asked her to just smile, she put her hands up and said, "What?! I am!"




Doesn't Mary look just like a little sprite in the woods?


Bridget insisted on a Mommy/Bridget photo because we were both wearing blue.  I'm kind of wishing I had done this with each girl!



Yeah for pictures of all seven of us in one frame!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Those are fabulous! Thanks for sharing, you all look wonderful!

Moriah said...

I have this picture gallary on my back door, in the kitchen, which has now spilled over to the basement door, in the Family room. I put all the pics you and Sara send on my door(s) every year, and LOVE getting them from both of you! (Which also makes me feel extremely guilty that I haven't sent any cards to anyone in the last few years.... Anyhow, this years pics from both of you are all hanging, and, like Bridgette, I also noticed the two of you matched! LOL! I really love the pic of the two of you! :-)