Thursday, May 28, 2009

Daddy's Girls

I know, Father's Day is a few weeks away, but at the pace I'm able to update this blog lately, I thought I'd slide this post in a little early to ensure some timeliness for Matt's big day!

Our girls are so lucky to have such a great daddy - here are a few of the things he is the best in the world at:

1) "Hot scratchies" (Mommy's hands are way too cold for good back-scratches, I've been told), singing the "Papa Song" and telling "Dorothy Adventures," all of which are sorely missed when he's not around for bedtime.

2) Spur-of-the-moment acting jobs. When necessary, Matt is a dragon (mean or nice), a prince, a baby, a daddy, a mommy, a pirate, a "bad guy," a doctor, a nurse, or a patient:

Megan has an overactive imagination, and loves to play director: "Okay, you're the baby, I'm the Mommy, Bridget's the Daddy." Imagine this over. and. over. again. Lucky for her, Matt always wanted to be in drama! We definitely have some skits and plays in our future.

3) Anything that requires his skillz as an Eagle Scout, which apparently includes camping indoors. He recently pitched a tent in out living room, just for fun, and wanted to have the girls sleep inside. That was a no-go, but roasting marshmallows in our fireplace was a hit!

(These are the types of things that happen when I leave the house for a few hours with the babies, or in the case of the marshmallow roasting, when I'm stuck nursing the babies to calm them down/get them to sleep - this can last a good 2 hours, and I never know what's going on downstairs!)

4) Never growing tired of a dip in the hot tub with our two little swimmers.

5) Filling sippy cups.

6) Filling milk bottles.

7) Jumping out of bed in the middle of the night to respond to a little voice faintly calling, "peepee's coming!" from down the hall.

8) Pacing with Annie or (usually) Tessa for as long as necessary in the middle of the night.

9) Scooping up a crying Bridget in the middle of the night, who always wants to go to "Daddy's room."
10) Knowing who's who in every cartoon or Disney movie and having the appropriate stash of both in our DVD collection or on Tivo.
And lots of other things that my baby brain can't think of right now, but I'll come back and add to this later!
Happy Father's day, Matt!

1 comment:

Moriah said...

This is the absolute sweetest Wife/mom blog to husband/daddy blog I have ever seen! I really hope you don't mind me stalking your blog!