Saturday, March 14, 2009

Water, Water Everywhere....

Don't worry, not the water breaking kind of water!

This is the almost-done-being-remodeled-bathroom kind of water. We finally have a few fixtures hooked up in our upstairs bathroom, including, gloriously, the toilet! Megan was excited to be the first to use this! Before our plumber had even closed the front door behind him yesterday afternoon, Megan lugged her Elmo toilet seat and little step stool up two flights of stairs from the downstairs bathroom. I'll spare you the details thereafter, but after doing her business, she was curious about the other new fixture, our snazzy bathtub faucet. In theory, it's great! It's a regular tub faucet, but it also has a little shower hose attached, which I thought would be awesome for washing four little heads of hair in the bathtub. Little plastic cups are so 20th century! Apparently, I didn't think through any drawbacks to a set-up like this...

While all four of us were standing in our room that's really beginning to look like a bathroom, Megan innocently decided to turn the tub faucet on, and that's when the shower hose came to life and started spraying everything and everyone in the room! It was pure chaos! I got soaked in the face and all over my shirt and pants, while Megan was doused/thrown into our new cabinets where she scraped up both knees. Bridget tried to escape, but slipped on the water on the floor, and fell on her back. Luckily, Matt got to the faucet and turned it off. I can't really say I saw any of this happen, since I was running out of the room with no regard for either of my children as soon as the snake/hose started attacking. Do I have any motherly instinct? Afterward, I felt like Michael on "The Office" when the fire broke out (anyone?), and I'm not proud of it! At least I got the twins out safely - I'll stick with that as my plan from the beginning.

Of course, Megan was very upset. I'm not sure if she was more concerned about her wet dress or her scraped knees, though. Nothing a cartoon won't cure!

After mopping water off the floor, countertop, cabinets, walls, and ceiling, we decided we need to make sure to have the faucet in tub mode from now on, although something tells me this won't be the last shower hose incident!

3 comments:

Moriah said...

Bathrthoom fixtures are evidentely attacking all over the country! Here in NY, in the attempt to replace a drippy faucet in our bathroom,utter chaos errupted when the bowl of our pedistal sink would not cooperate in re-attatching. When it fell of the pedistal, it broke a water line, and water was literally gushing as high as the ceiling last weekend. The kids and I couldn't stop laughing, but the plumber, (Jasin) was not as impresse...

Unknown said...

Just what you need! Thanks for the laugh and love the new layout!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, I am laughing so hard!!