Thursday, March 12, 2009

Still Waiting....

Yes, I've been a slacker in updating here, and I wish I could attribute it to chaos around the house in the form of two infants. But, we're still waiting! I shouldn't complain. Today marks 37 weeks, a great milestone for us! We should be able to take the babies home with us from the hospital if they were to arrive at this point, which is great! I have an appointment tomorrow with my OB, who wanted to "buy a few more days" as of Monday. We'll see what she says tomorrow. I have a feeling she'll schedule an induction for early next week - these truly could be little Irish lasses. I wonder if they serve beer in the hospital :) We'll have to rejigger our names if this is the case, too - hmmmm...

It's better if we can get through the weekend without the complication of labor, anyway. Everyone in our house is sick with really bad colds. I can't imagine being sick with a cold while I'm trying to recover from delivery, so I really hope we're better by then!

Oh, I forgot to mention our latest stats after the 36 week ultrasound. Baby B is still weighing a little more at 5 pounds, 15 ounces compared to Baby A's 5 pounds, 12 ounces. Sometimes those estimated weights are way off, but I'm confident they'll be at least 6 pounds and some change. What a difference from Megan and Bridget each weighing 8lb.10oz. at birth! We can actually get some mileage out of our "up to 7 pounds" size clothes :)

Okay, I'm off to tend to sick little girls, and think about two more Irish girls on their way!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. We're contaminated over here too so I won't offer to help! Feel better soon.

sammyeug said...

Thanks for the update. Sorry you guys are all sick. I can't wait to hear about the babies. Good luck with everything.

Love,
Marne, Jake and Sam