Thursday, June 2, 2011

We Have a Graduate!

Megan graduated from preschool today!!

Part of me is very sad that this year is over and that she's going to be a kindergartner before we know it.  That part of me should also have cried at the cute little ceremony the kids put on.  Even the teachers were crying!  I was just too busy trying to get my camera to take a decent picture, all while holding a coughing, fidgety Tessa, that it didn't even occur to me to get weepy.  What kind of mother am I?  I guess too busy to even shed a tear at my own kid's momentous occasion.  Maybe #5 will get my undivided attention as they are handed their tiny diploma, and I'll have a moment to feel sentimental.

The other part of me (and this part won out) is just overjoyed at the fact the year is over, and I'm really glad that it's summer vacation!!  Running out of the house five days a week with these four girls in tow has become more and more exhausting, especially as this pregnancy has me becoming  less and less mobile.  I am more than ready for some lazy summer days around this house!

Our little graduate was all smiles today, and was so happy to finally show off the dance moves her class has been rehearsing all month.  She's been asking for months, "When am I going to be done with the Starlite Room?"  I think it was clear to her today that she is now officially done!




Here she is in the middle of the line-up, yawning, just to show what she thinks about preschool now :)


I couldn't resist getting some pictures of Megan with her closest buddies that will be going to kindergarten with her in the fall.  These girls are among a handful of kids that she'll know from preschool and church, and she'll be in the same class with them for the next eight years, since our parish school has just one class per grade. I'm hoping they get along!!  It'll be fun to compare these preschool graduation photos with their 8th grade poses.

 Megan and Arianna
I promise that Megan is a very average height and Arianna is a very tall girl, but, oh my gosh, Megan really looks shrimpy here!!

Megan and Bryn

These two have been making little notes for each other for the last few weeks.  They have a really cute little friendship. Bryn is the youngest of four kids, and Megan is (temporarily) the oldest of four kids.  Maybe they can compare notes over the years and see who's worse off!

This next picture could simply be entitled "Jealousy."  Actually, Bridget was upset that Megan got to hold the flowers in this picture.  This makes me want to cry. Poor girl.

 

She was much happier in the next few pictures!




Since Megan's graduated, we decided it's high time she start pulling her weight, er, maybe pushing some weight around here.  

No comments: