Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday, Megan!

Our (biggest) little girl is five!  Time really does fly!  (Well, sometimes, it goes by excuciatinlgy slowly, but I'm feeling more than a little sentimental right now.)   Our little Megan has grown so much in the last year!  She proves to be such an doting big sister daily, and amazes me with her patience and creativity in her relationships with her sisters.  Don't get me wrong --- she definitely has her moments.  She has a stubborn streak that makes an appearance daily, and is ultra-sensitive to conniving acts by one little Bridget who likes to get her goad.  But, at the end of the day, she is such a sweet, thoughtful and easygoing kid, and she brings us joy every day! 

One little bit of joy that she gives me every day is the fact that she still takes a nap, for 2-3 hours!  I will eternally be grateful to Megan for this!  She continues to be my best napper in the bunch, and in doing so, provides the best example to her bunkmate Bridget, who has never questioned her nap either.  I know that once Megan isn't napping, Bridget will rebel, so I'm cherishing these last six months or so of my sacred downtime before Megan starts kindergarten!

While Megan has been counting down the days until her birthday, I've been in denial that this day would be here.  Five seems so...old.  My heart aches at how fleeting these last five years have been.  But, for Megan, this day was huge, and she couldn't wait to open presents, choose her meals, bring cupcakes to school, and just be five!! 

We started early with presents because Matt had a late baseball game tonight.  She loved getting some new clothes, most notably some new skirts, and had some help from an enthusiastic Tessa with the unwrapping of a few Tag Reader books and board games.


Normally, I would never post a picture of myself in my pajamas and glasses, but today is all about Megan, and she was smiling and looking at the camera, a rare combination these days!


Bridget was there, too, but just a sleepy observer. 


Later in the day, Megan treated her class to cupcakes and juice, and enjoyed her five minutes of celebrity.  Tessa and Annie enjoyed sitting next to her, too, and munching on the "cake" they helped make. 


Happy Birthday, sweet Megs!!

1 comment:

Sara said...

Happy birthday, Megan!!